It's starting to warm up here in Melbourne ( FINALLY ). If the cooler months left your skin (our largest organ), feeling a bit dull & dry, then this ancient wellness method of dry skin brushing is a great technique to try. Say goodbye to flakey, snake-like scales and HELLOOO to healthy & glowing skin!
The Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing:
- It is seen as an act of meditation, self-care and a stress-reliever
- Increases circulation and may decreases the appearance of cellulite
- Removes dead skin cells for bright, smooth skin
- Stimulates the lymphatic system and promotes detoxification
First, the BAD news: Your cellulite is probably here to stay. Sorry girls! Unfortunately, sometimes it comes down to genetics, you are either prone to it or you're not!
Now the GOOD news...Along with a healthy diet & plenty of water intake...One of the BEST ways to reduce it's appearance is with dry brushing and essential oils! YAY!
It is seriously the BEST self care ritual for me in the A.M as it wakes me up mentally & physically. All you need is a brush and a spare 3-5 mins before you jump in the shower each day.
As with most things, essential oils can make the routine more effective – and the experience even more beautiful. Below is our list of some of the best essential oils to add to your dry brushing routine & links to purchase them.
All of the above essential oils contain natural, chemical compounds that assist with stimulation of the lymphatic system, blood circulation, water retention, toning & smoothing of the skin.
How To Start Dry Skin Brushing:
- Find an all-natural brush (we love using this brush and also this one is a goodie too!)
- Start with dry skin. Mix a few drops of essential oils in you palm and rub onto your body OR simply drop a few drops onto the brush.
- Start from the ankles and wrists, move toward the heart center.
- Brush in small, upward motions.
- Brush from the neck down, toward the lower back.
- Do once or twice a day for anywhere from 3-5 minutes.
- Jump in the shower, wash/rinse off & start your day!